Item, logica vel est scientia realis vel sermocinalis; non realis, manifestum est; ergo sermocinalis.
The Latin word scientia (knowledge, science) comes from the verb scio (to know). This forms the root of many English words. Fill in the following sentences with words that come from this Latin root.
1. The student couldn't bring himself to turn in the plagiarized paper.
2. The pursuit of knowledge has driven mankind for centuries.
3. The professor was the best resource James could have asked for as he wrote his paper.
4. Sorry, but I am not of having wronged you in any way.
5. No human being can ever hope to become